Re: GRUB question

Craig White wrote:
> personally, I think it is too risky but it's your setup...
>
> dd if=/dev/sdX of=/dev/sdY bs=446 count=1
>
> You asked what is the best way, I answered but apparently you don't like
> best way answers.
>
> Craig

Is that going to work? Grub first stage relies on the physical
position on the disk to find stage 1.5. Is the physical position
going to be the same on the new disk? I didn't think gparted
maintained the physical location when coping file system it
understands. I know I have run into problem before - grub-install
works better for me.

Mikkel