GRUB question

Smartd has reported that I have 7 uncorrectable
errors and it appears to be located in my swap
partition.  Zeroing out the swap partition and
mkswap, failed to correct it.  So it seems that
the drive after less than 1 year has gone bad.
Looks like I will have to RMA the drive as
it is still under a 5yr. warrantee.

So, I bought a new drive and used gparted to
copy over all the partitions sans the swap
partition from the bad drive over to the new
drive.  Everything is now copied over but I am
still in doubt of the new drive's MBR sector.

Question: using gparted, does it also include
the boot sector MBR when copying over the
first partition or do I have manually copy the
boot sector over or to apply the grub-install?

If so, what is the best way to ensure that the
MBR is on the new drive?

Thanks!
Dan