Re: FC11 Sound gets disabled automatically after 10 to 15 min.

On 08/06/2009 04:21 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
On Thursday 06 August 2009 11:05:00 Jatin K wrote:
Dear all

I'm facing a stranger problem of sound in fedora 11 , when I play music
player or see on-line video after 10 to 15 min. sound goes away .. no
sound any more , and then I needed to restart the system ... now again
it works for 10 to 15 min. the same problem occurs again.

what could be the problem ?? please help me to resolve this issue

Jatin, to help you a lot more information will be needed.  First, is your
desktop KDE or Gnome?

What applications did you use?

Did you re-start the system just to re-start sound, or was there some other
problem?

Have you looked at any configuration options?

With this information someone who uses a similar setup may be able to advise
you.

Anne
ThnX  for you reply  Mr. Wilson

answer of your Qs are as under

I'm Using *Gnome Version: 2.26.3

*I'm using Rythembox to play music files like ogg and mp3, for DVD/VCD I'm using VLC or Movie player. some time I used to play online video through firefox .

Ya I restart the system just to re-start the sound ..... ( other application works fine )

No I've looked at any configuration ... as I dont know how to resolve this proble and what is to be configured

details for sound system hardware ....... ( the result of command *lspci | grep Multimedia* )

*00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
*

Regards