Re: Are you being heard?

On Thursday 06 August 2009 01:51:48 Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 August 2009 19:33:45 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > The idea is that you can submit your ideas, features requests.
>
> There are only two things I miss in KDE4 that I can think of. Those two are
> the "system-monitor activity" plasmoids for the hard disk and for swap
> usage. By "activity" I mean the plasmoids that draw a graph of the amount
> of current activity, like it is done for "CPU settings" and "Network
> settings" system- monitor plasmoids.
>
> There is one system-monitor plasmoid for the hard disk, but it displays
> hard disk usage (ie. how full it is), not current activity. For swap I
> failed to find anything similar.
>
> Absence of these two plasmoids is the only reason why I still keep gkrellm
> on the desktop. :-(
>
> Would it be something worth asking for? For me certainly, but I mean in
> general? Also, has anyone already made such a request?

Can't answer the last one - I haven't read through all of them (lack of time
at the moment).  As for whether it's worth requesting, certainly.  They are
sensible enough suggestions.

If someone has already asked the duplicate won't be posted - I don't know the
system in detail, so I don't know whether you get any acknowledgement in that
case.  I haven't tried searching on it, either.  To be truthful, I've been so
busy with other things that I had ignored its existence until something else
brought it back to my attention.  Having looked again at its purpose, I think
it is definitely worth a try, as a means of finding the most useful 'wishes' of
the community.

Aside - I still keep gkrellm on the desktop, as well.  I use it regularly for
things like checking that the flush-buffers has completed before I remove a usb
stick, or whether the lan is wireless interface is actually carrying much
traffic or something else is delaying a process.  I love the way it can fit into
a corner of my screen, interfering with nothing.

Anne