Re: How to rescue an encrypted root filesystem? - anaconda bug?

On 08/04/2009 01:25 AM, Derek Tattersall wrote:
> Well, I screwed up.
>
> I tried to upgrade from f10 to f11, and it seems to have failed. It gets

  I have found that anaconda can be buggy when dealing with encrypted
filesystems - this may or may not be your problem however.

  One bug seems to be that it uses the wrong UUID id when it creates the
luks data and so it fails to mount correctly. You can easily hand edit
the files and either put the correct UUID use a simpler scheme.

 See this post for example (scuse wrapped URL)

http://www.nabble.com/f11---ext4-and-encryption-fails-to-create--dev-mapper-luks-xxx-to24339441.html#a24339704

  gene/