Re: how to switch text mode to graphic mode in fedora 9

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 23:20 +0530, yoga nand wrote:
> i install fedora 9 in text mode ,
> now  i want to switch to graphic mode
> i tried with command init 5 after login in
>
> i go to graphic mode but it work just like a computer freeze
> the mouse and keyboard are not working and i think they get stuck
>
> please tell me the solution to switch to graphic mode.
Your install mode has nothing to do with the mode in which your machine
runs..

One option is to boot to run level 3 and run startx. See what error
messages you get and fix the errors. Your not being able to go to rl 5
probably has to do with some incompatibility between your display
adapter and your display.

By the way what is the default run level set up in the last line
of /etc/inittab. Once you get graphics going it should be 5.