Re: The ideal mail client?

On Saturday 01 August 2009 23:39:43 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Even outside the MSE Twilight Zone, plenty of people seem to use Evo's
> calendaring, task management etc. features. Some of these are coming to
> TB via plugins, but they aren't really there yet AFAIK.

Sorry to jump in on the subject, but I just need to ask what happened to the
good old "do one thing and do it well" policy?

I would rather like to have a mail client to view mail, a calender app to do
"calendaring" (whatever that means), a task manager to manage tasks, etc. Why
does all of that need to be put into one single app like Evolution (or
Thunderbird, or whatever)?

Is it just to make life easy for Windows converts coming from MSE Twilight
Zone, or is there some legitimate Linux-native reason for such trend?

Best, :-)
Marko