Re: How to gut &%$#&#@ Firefox?

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 21:21 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Not minimizing your pain, but I don't understand the problem.  The
> language packs are pretty small - all told they come out to about 17MB
> on my system.  Even if you don't use them, then that's not a lot of
> disk space or network transfer volume.

If you running on a computer with limited space, such as flash RAMs on
those mini laptops, then the more space you can save, the better.  17
megs here, 10 megs there, it all adds up.  And I have noticed that it's
quicker to start Firefox when they're all disabled.

Thankfully, the last few Firefox updates haven't re-enabled all the
languages that I had disabled.  I notice a few new ones get added, from
time to time, and they will be enabled by default.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.