Re: Automatically grant user permission to use USB scanner in F11 x86_64

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:15:42 -0300
Itamar Reis Peixoto <itamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the solution is udev, you need to google about it.

I hadn't found anything in my searches up to the point of writing the
email so I thought I would ask.  A grep of the rules already there finds
many rules for usb devices, but none of them are obviously scanners, and
the vendor of the scanner isn't listed even though they do have a sane
supported scanner.

I'll keep looking.  :-)