Re: Fedora Torrent Tracker Down?

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 10:17:42 +0100,
  Frank Murphy <frankly3d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would someone be willing to check getting:
> Connection Error (SocketException:Unexpected end of file from server)
>
> Trying to get the 64bit Games spin, for my 10 year old.

Were you going to put it on a usb device so that he could use it from
multiple places? If not, and you were just going to install it, then
another option is to just get the package list and use yum to install
the games. And there are other games that didn't make the DVD because
of size limitations that you might want to install. (e.g. nexuiz,
openarena and vdrift)

The kickstart file is available in the spin-kickstarts package.

If you are going to put it on a usb, you might want to build a custom
spin to get updates included right away. If you do one based on F11,
I'd use the 211 kernel, as the ones after that have some issues with
sound. The downside is that there is a local privilege escalation bug
in that kernel that isn't fixed until 217.2.3. Depending on your threat
model that may or may not be a good trade off.

Coincidently I am in the process of burning about a dozen custom game spin
DVDs (for i686) to take with me to the WBC. It's based on F11 plus updates
and updates-testing. I am also including colossus (currently only in rawhide).
I am hoping some of the people playing in the Titan tournament I run will
be enticed to try it as colossus let's people play Titan against AIs or
other people.