Re: The ideal mail client?

On Sat, 2009-08-01 at 21:58 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:47:59 +0930
> Tim wrote:
>
> > It needs good filtering (mail sorting into folders I want,
> > hiding/showing of folder content on certain criteria - e.g. recent mail
> > showing by default, the rest hidden until I need it).
>
> Another reason to run your own dovecot imap server. The dovecot-sieve
> package installs the sieve plugin which can be used to filter
> messages into the proper folder at the imap server.

Not much use if 99% of your mail is kept on remote IMAP servers, as mine
is.

I don't in fact find Evo filtering to be particularly slow, but of
course it depends on the filtering criteria, the incoming message set,
the order of filters, and the actions they carry out. Too many variables
for a meaningful comparison.

poc