Re: Mozilla Prism crashes in F11

Jatin K wrote:
> On 07/30/2009 01:04 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> I could not locate the 1.0b1 download....  URL?
>>>
>>> Anyway, testing on 0.9 on a 32 bit system....  Flash does not
>>> display...but Prism does not crash.
>>>
>>> Sounds like this is something that should be reported to Mozilla (if it
>>> hasn't already been done) rather than here.
>>>

>> FWIW, found that prism wasn't aware that the flash plugin was
>> available.  Fixed that...and then it crashed as you've indicated....
>>

> please try this  go to  system --> preferences ---> Desktop Effects
> and click on enable desktop effects, then restart you system , now try
> any site with flash player , may be www.youtube.com  ...   and see
> your problem will go away
>
> really that worked for me ....  if I disable desktop effects my
> Mozilla firefox  crashes when I open any flash sites

Well...if your firefox crashes on flash content with desktop effects
disabled...then you have some other underlying problem as that shouldn't
happen.  It doesn't happen here, for example.  So, if I were you, I'd
try to fix that since I can envision your having other problems at some
point.

FWIW, I can't enable desktop effects since this is a virtual F11....

--
The best things in life go on sale sooner or later.
Mei-Mei.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg