Re: Mozilla Prism crashes in F11

On 07/30/2009 01:04 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
Ed Greshko wrote:
Gilmar Machado wrote:

Hi,

I am running version 1.0b1 (available on the official site) on Fedora
11 x86. The application crashes on any site that contains flash
objects. In the terminal the only error message is "segmentation
fault"

Pages with no flash objects opens normally.

Someone has the same problem?

I could not locate the 1.0b1 download....  URL?

Anyway, testing on 0.9 on a 32 bit system....  Flash does not
display...but Prism does not crash.

Sounds like this is something that should be reported to Mozilla (if it
hasn't already been done) rather than here.

FWIW, found that prism wasn't aware that the flash plugin was
available.  Fixed that...and then it crashed as you've indicated....

please try this go to system --> preferences ---> Desktop Effects and click on enable desktop effects, then restart you system , now try any site with flash player , may be www.youtube.com ... and see your problem will go away

really that worked for me .... if I disable desktop effects my Mozilla firefox crashes when I open any flash sites