Re: From the top... how do I get sound working in F11 ?

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Four of six had simple output to the laptop speakers work after install,
the two  desktops had two channel from the sound card, no setting I've
found will enable the other speakers from any source, even on hardware
which had 5.1 with Windows and FC6.

You may want to look at:
http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting

I have a surround sound card, but PulseAudio uses just the front
speakers!

    Many people have a surround card, but have speakers for just two
channels, so PulseAudio can't really default to a surround setup. To
enable all the channels, edit /etc/pulse/daemon.conf: uncomment the
default-sample-channels line (i.e. remove the semicolon from the
beginning of the line) and set the value to 6 if you have a 5.1
setup, or 8 if you have 7.1 setup etc. After doing the edit, restart
pulseaudio.

The scary thing is that you don't see anything wrong with this picture, seven volume control, mixers, and device selectors, and also two config files.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>