Re: From the top... how do I get sound working in F11 ?

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Craig White<craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ignoring the reality that PA works for most people out of the box, I
> would agree with you but I can't ignore the reality. It works for me. It
> has worked for me on every computer I have installed Fedora on. It works
> for me on every computer I have installed Ubuntu on.

I'm in the same boat.  I'd love to help people troubleshoot..but since
I haven't experienced any noticeable problems on my hardware that were
attributable to pulseaudio I don't have enough experience breaking and
unbreaking my own system's pulseaudio configurations to intuit answers
concerning other people's systems.

I will say that in this case..that a fresh install would be extremely
advisable. Following lots of well-meaning troubleshooting from lots of
different people for days and weeks to solve the same problem ends up
leaving your system in a very strange state.

What people like Linuxguy123 seem to forget is that most advice from
peer users on a list like this is predicated on the assumption that
the system in question is close to a unperturbed configuration. Most
people who are willing to help are not themselves experts in the
details of the subsystem operation which is malfunctioning.  The more
configuration changes made, the more you undemine the validity of the
underlying assumptions that people are holding in their minds
concerning the system state and the more frustrating it becomes for
everyone involved in diagnosing the system.  I may not know how to fix
every possible problem with a modern linux system..but I sure know how
to cause difficult to diagnose problems by twiddling configurations
without making detailed notes about what changes I've made.

-jef"pulseaudio support for bluetooth headset pairing is great"spaleta