Re: fedora 11 worst then ever release

On 07/26/2009 02:37 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, Alan Cox wrote:

"all of my system has a wrong openssl version"

all these symptoms sound like your upgrade went horribly wrong. I've seen
preupgrade mash up a box by half upgrading like that. It's the main
reason
I don't think preupgrade is actually safe to use yet.
The case of yum being 'partially' upgraded came from us having a newer
yum in f10+updates than was in F11. This was documented here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs#Yum_doesn.27t_work_after_upgrading_from_F10

and the fix provided for it works to get you to update properly.

now, since farkas just mentioned that he didn't actually run preupgrade
when things went badly then it suggests to me that preupgrade is
probably not to blame.

the question here why yum not upgrade openssl during the dvd update process. it's another yum problem (and it's happened with 3 of my systems).