Re: cdrkit isoinfo and iso-info

--- On Fri, 7/24/09, Rahul Sundaram <[email protected]> wrote:

> From: Rahul Sundaram <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: cdrkit isoinfo and iso-info
> To: "Antonio Olivares" <[email protected]>
> Cc: "encouragement and advice for using Fedora.Community assistance" <[email protected]>
> Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 5:36 PM
> On 07/25/2009 05:07 AM, Antonio
> Olivares wrote:
>
> > http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html
> >
> > Who is right?
> > Can both sides be right?
>
> The cdrecord maintainer makes many such claims but fails to
> provide
> references. That is very suspect. He tried to do the same
> thing in
> Fedora Legal as well. His claims were discarded.

Thank you for sharing that Rahul.  However, does not he provide examples or where this happens on the above referenced page?

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legal-list/2009-July/msg00000.html
>
> Rahul

I do not know about legal stuff, but if he is granting use of his program isn't this enough to distribute the program without problems, Only ones who would object would probably be Debian camp who made the fork anyway?

Anyhow, this is something out of our hands.  Thank you for sharing the link, there are many things that we do not know :( and it is good to know!

Regards,

Antonio