Re: F10 automatic F10 upgrades to F11?

Kam Leo wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Daniel B. Thurman<dant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Daniel B. Thurman<dant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For some reason the installer is having problems with your graphics
card. At boot prompt type "linux xdriver=vesa". If that fails try
"linux text".

I have tried what you have suggested, i.e. to use the vesa driver.

I notice that in this case, I was able to see "Checking dependencies
in packages selected for installation..." progressbar @100%, and
very hung.  Mouse movement is dead, keyboard, dead, everything
I threw at it except the kitchen sink, dead. :)

Now what do you suggest I do (and buying a new computer is not
an option! ;) )?

If you have 1000+ packages the dependency check can take a long time.
How long did you wait?
Overnight (7 hours)
There is no activity, the computer froze completely.
Try "linux text"?
Ok
Also, check free disk space. You'll need at least 4 GB free for 1000+ packages.
Don't forget to clean out the cached packages in /var/yum.
What exactly should I delete?
/var/cache/yum/* ?

Thanks!
Dan