Re: 60% of Fedora packages obsolete

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Article: http://oswatershed.org/
>
> That's much higher than I would have guessed. I suppose Fedora is no
> longer as fast paced as it used to be. Arch seems to be the innovating
> distro now.

What I don't understand is how they figure it. Are they only
comparing 20 packages to get the percentage?

"The aggregate analysis is done over twenty packages including
firefox, gcc and openssh. The full package list is in the OSCON
slides. In the future, users will be able to set custom groups. The
three forms of analysis are percent obsolete, the average number of
newer releases per package and the time since the oldest new
release. In other words the lag is the amount of time a distro had
to move to a newer package"

Mikkel