Re: Package kit notification of uprade available

On 7/20/2009 3:32 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
Yes. PackageKit uses:

yumbase.conf.yumvar['releasever']

to get the current release version. If this still happens after a
reboot, please open a bug with the component yum, and state that
releasever isn't being detected correct.ly.

What is "yumbase.conf.yumvar['releasever']? Is that the name of a file? I could not locate anything with such a name on my computer, even stripping out the '['releasever']' part. I also looked through all the yum and packagekit configuration files and saw nothing resembling that...

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot figure out how to file a bug anymore. It used to be that you could take a circuitous route to get to a page that would allow you file a bug on red hat bugzilla, but clicking on the 'file a new bug' link takes me to a page that has vaguely described search fields - vague in that it's not clear what you're supposed to search on and there's no explanation - entering the exact words you suggested took me to a failed to find page with no clue as to what to do next...there are no instructions, vaguely defined fields, and inscrutable results. I would like to file bugs, but, it's been like this for awhile now and I've complained before, but nobody seems to respond when I raise the problem. I'm no newbie, but an old guy - I've been running Linux on multiple machines for 7 years, and I'm a network administrator in a Windows shop, so I'm familiar with computers, but bugzilla just seems to get harder and harder - how can you expect people to participate if it's this time-consuming to simply find the way to enter the bug?

I'm not trying to vent on you, Richard... I know the contributions you make. But, if there's anyone you can pass this complaint along to, or if someone can point out to me the big obvious solution that's staring me in the face and I'm just blocking on, I would be glad to file a bug.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA