Re: Fedora 11: can't read debugging symbols anymore

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:13:12 +0200
Mildred Ki'Lya wrote:

> Since recently, in Fedora 11, debugging software is becoming difficult.
> Neither GDB nor Valgrind can read debugging symbols from my executables.

I just tried building my Qt app "kewpie" with debug info and running
it under debugger, and it works fine for me. (Fedora 11 64 bit).

Are you trying to look at locals inside a constructor? g++ is
notoriously dreadful at generating debug info for constructor
bodies for some reason.

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/kewpie/kewpie.html