Re: How do a fix a non working kernel installation ?

linux guy wrote:
To fix Grub fast and easy, after editing the kernel grouping, or
anything else out of  /boot/grub/grub.conf, you can grab a livecd that
works good on fixing a broken grub boot, called super grub disk (I have
used it plenty of times when a borked boot of a fedora box happened to
me) and it works great.  Biggest thing I can think of is edit grub.conf,
and change the default to a known good kernel and remove the bad kernel
out. That is to say you have a good one you can boot off of still on the
system....

I did that, twice, first off, before I ever posted to the group.   The
f12 kernel installed to default 0 and then I had 2 f11 2.6.29 kernels
in positions 1 and 2.  I changed the default to both of them and
neither would boot.

I think this is somehow an mbr problem.

Well for my other suggestion, instead of pure Fedora, at the very least just to see if it does fix this check out http://www.supergrubdisk.org/

~Seann