Re: Viewing Attached Pictures in Thunderbird ?

On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 13:24 -0400, Jim wrote:
> In the email it's showing the;
>
> Content-Type    Application/Octet-Stream
>                            name= "*.jpg "
>
> How can I setup in Preferences to display this "Octet Stream" by
> using Gwenview to view pictures.

If you're going to set up anything to handle octet-stream data, it needs
to be something that can handle all-manner of file types (e.g. a handler
that determines file types for itself, then opens it with the
appropriate program).  Because that generic data type means "this is
some sort of binary," it could be used for JPEGs, PDFs, MP3s, even text.

Using "gnome-open" might be an appropriate handler, but I've not tested
it.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686