Re: Viewing Attached Pictures in Thunderbird ?

Jim writes:

Thunderbird-3.0b3pre.

When getting pictures in Attachment, I can't view them in Thunderbird, have to "Save As" in home directory to view *.jpg pictures.

In the email it's showing the;

Content-Type    Application/Octet-Stream
                           name= "*.jpg "

How can I setup in Preferences to display this "Octet Stream" by using Gwenview to view pictures.

You can't. "application/octet-stream" is a generic MIME type. It's used only when a known MIME type is not known, for a given file.

This is a bug in the sender's mail software, for failing to properly assign a correct MIME type to an attachment.

These Damn Emails are probably coming from Outlook and Thunderbird can't view attached pictures.

Examining the headers of this message should identify the buggy mail client.