Re: Samsung Laser printers and F10/11?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 07:30 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> >   might it be useful to simply remove the appropriate printer
> > support package(s), then re-install them fresh to get rid of any
> > misconfiguration i might have introduced?  like, perhaps, removing
> > all of printer support just to play it safe?
>
> Better to file a bug report so we can get to the bottom of the
> problem and know the solution in future I think.

  before i do that, i think it's worth trying to reproduce the problem
by configuring that printer the fedora-approved way from the
beginning.  recall that i downloaded from samsung the smart panel and
unified driver.  should i have done it that way?  or should i have
been able to configure that printer (samsung scx-4826fn) with what
came shipped strictly with fedora?  because if that's the case,
submitting a bug report based on what i got from samsung might be
completely meaningless.

  *theoretically*, how should i have configured that printer?  because
i should at least try it that way to see if the problem still exists.

rday

p.s.  right now, if i go into System > Admin > Printing, i have a
single entry for "SCX-4x26-Series", which strikes me as correct.  but
i'll file a BZ report if you think it's worth it.

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday