Re: Fedora was wrong (I think) (was Re: "One or more disks are failing" ?)

On 07/06/2009 12:05 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
On 06/07/09 07:57, Scott Beamer wrote:
So last night I booted into Windows. And I got my hand on a program (GUI
based) that gives you all the SMART stats in slightly better plain
English. There were no warnings of demise of any type (I'm back in Linux
now and the program name escapes me, but it's not really important).

In any event, just to be sure, I installed Ubuntu today (zapping the
Fedora partitions) and ran the test again.

And you trust Windose and Ubuntu.  Mwaahaaaahhaa

Frank

Sorry had to do it. :D

LOL.

I trust Debian and Mandriva as well. Only Fedora had been raising the alarm over the past month. :)

And someone else earlier in this thread mentioned that he was convinced it was a bug and filed a (redhat) bug report some time ago.

And lastly, with regard to the "propeller-head" remark. I wasn't referring to anyone in this discussion. I was referring to the developer(s) who (may have) introduced the bug in the smartmontools that ended up in Fedora 11.

I just thought I'd clarify while I was thinking about it.

--
	Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com