Re: Logged in twice?

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 21:06:45 +0930,
  Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 08:57 +0200, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Writing emails in this web interface at altern is really a pain.
> > What's the way to register to this mailing list without having one's
> > personal email address divulged?
>
> One solution is to do what I do:  Subscribe twice.  Post from an address
> that nobody can post to (this yahoo address that I'm using auto-deletes
> all mail sent to it).  And receive on some other address that nobody
> else knows about.

Another is to use an email client that can adust your from header address
based on the recipient list. For example mutt has hooks that can do this
(and a lot of other stuff). I think I have heard gmail has a feature that
does something like this as well.

The simplest is to set the email address (but probably not the comment part
used for a name) to be the list address. You still want your envelope sender
address to be the address you are subscribed under.