Re: Logged in twice?

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 21:06:45 +0930, Tim wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 08:57 +0200, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Writing emails in this web interface at altern is really a pain. What's
>> the way to register to this mailing list without having one's personal
>> email address divulged?
>
> One solution is to do what I do:  Subscribe twice.  Post from an address
> that nobody can post to (this yahoo address that I'm using auto-deletes
> all mail sent to it).  And receive on some other address that nobody
> else knows about.

	Another way is to use Gmane; this list appears as
gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general.

	Point your newsreader (I recommend Pan -- "yum install pan" will
get it.) to news.gmane.org, and then search "fedora". The first time you
try to post, Gmane will send you a message requiring you to prove you
exist. (Spammers fail to reply to such messages.)

	Gmane will probably be able to autosub you; if not, browse to the
URL in the footer, subscribe your email address, and let the welcome
message from the list-server tell you how to set your subscription to
nomail.

	This is especially convenient if the whole list is more than you
can keep up with, but you want to pay close attention to certain threads
(which you can highlight) -- such as your own, for instance.

	NB: You will note that my address, like yours at present, *is*
divulged; but that is my choice -- and *not* my main address. The replies
I sometimes get under the list seem to me worth the weeding I have to do
after my local access provider screens out most span.