Re: sudo for gnome apps

2009/7/2 Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx>:
> What's a good howto/quickstart for polkit in Fedora?

I didn't follow any howtos or guides, what I used to do was look at
the "details" drop down thing on the dialogue that comes up when
polkit asks for the root password. That should have the key that sets
the permissions in that particular context. Now run polkit and look
for that key and play around with it. Kinda lame I know, but fun and
instructive "through experience". :)

For example I used to think the permissions for auto-mounts for
external or internal disks will be under devices. But it is actually
controlled by a key under HAL (can't confirm right now. @ work). If
you think about it thats the more reasonable place for the key, after
all auto-mounting is done by HAL. :P

I don't know how helpful this will be, but I enjoyed it. Good Luck and
have fun tweaking. :)

--
Suvayu