Re: some doubts about software

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:43 PM, <gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:46:34 +0530
>> pavan kumar <pavan4c4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Here is a non fedora site about installing fedora linux:
>>
>> http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f11.html
>
> This page:
>
> http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-nvidia.html
>
> answered the question I had regarding the installation of the NVIDIA
> driver. It seems that installing with Kmod is better than with the NVIDIA
> executable.
>
> If you ever have a reference on how to remove a repository whose key was
> inadvertently allowed to install -- in my case rpmfind -- as I was telling
> Tim, I'd be interested.

>From the 'rpm' man page:

Keys can be seen in the RPM database as 'gpg-pubkey' packages.  To see them all:
# rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*

Then you will have figure out which key is for what repository: using
'rpm -qi'.  Then manually remove it using 'rpm -e'.

I'm not good at scripting, but maybe this will help (run this all 1 line):

for pkg in $( rpm -qa gpg-pubkey* ); do echo "$pkg"; rpm -qi "$pkg" |
grep Summary; done;

Someone more knowledgeable can probably recommend alternate methods.

-Mauriat