Re: some doubts about software

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:46:34 +0530
pavan kumar <pavan4c4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>                             respected sir,
>
>                  sub: weather i can install fedora linux+windows
> how ???
>

>                                                          as i am a
> big fan to the linux i want to change my os from windows to linux ,
> but i am not able to manage linux properly , i have not taken any
> courses in our area , no institution in our is unable to tell linux
> very well , so please send some preferences to handle linux. please
> tell me that can i install windows
> + linux in one hard disk, like installing widows+windows in one hard
> as bootable.
>
>                                                                 thanking
> you,
>

> yours faithfully,
>
> pavan kumar,
>
> gudivada,
>
> andhra pradesh,
>
>                                     india.

What you want to do is called dual booting.  Here is a link with more
information.

http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Installing_Fedora_Linux_on_a_Windows_System_%28Dual_booting%29

And here is a link at redhat about dual booting.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/ch-x86-dualboot.html

Here is a non fedora site about installing fedora linux:

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f11.html

Here is the fedora project link to get fedora from the web, with a
link to the installation guide.

http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora