F9 gst and v4l2 problem

Hi all,

I'm using Fedora 9 and I want to get my webcam to work.

This is my configuration (x86_64 system):

Webcam: Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks. It uses the zc3xx driver
(kernel 2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.x86_64)
Cheese 2.22.3
Ekiga 2.0.12
GStreamer 0.10.20

The webcam works fine with Ekiga, v4l2 is selected in the Preferences tab.

It doesn't work however in cheese or others (skype).
cheese -v reports this when trying to record video from the webcam:

(cheese:4069): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_value_set_fraction:
assertion `denominator != 0' failed
Detected webcam: USB Camera (046d:08dd)
device: /dev/video0

(cheese:4069): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_state: assertion
`GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed
(cheese:4069): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_locked_state:
assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

I tried to use gstreamer-properties to figure out what is happening.
In the video tab, the output seems to be fine, the test runs OK.
However, when I try to run the test for my webcam (it is detected here
again) with v4l2, I get this:

gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'artsdsink'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'esdsink'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'v4lmjpegsrc'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'qcamsrc'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'esdmon'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Error running pipeline 'Video for Linux
2 (v4l2)': Could not negotiate format [gstbasesrc.c(2436):
gst_base_src_start (): /pipeline0/v4l2src3:
Check your filtered caps, if any]

and the program closes.

If I select v4l, I get a window full of green noise.

So I suppose this is some problem related with the v4l2 plugin for
gstreamer, but I don't know how to fix this. I've Googled it and I saw
people from other distributions having the same problem, but usually
an update fixed the problem. My Fedora system is up to date.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.