Re: FC10 - gedit strange behaviour

> David wrote:
>>> And I do run k3b on my gnome'd laptop.
>>> absolutely fresh.
>>> 3 such installs so far, and all have exhibited this behaviour.
>> Man I wish I could offer more than 'try this'. I do not like 'try this'
>> advice. Never have. But I did not/do not have this situation. I've never
>> seen this. Nor Have I heard anyone else mention anything such as this.
>> A test. Well okay - a 'try this' suggestion.  :-) Don't install K3b on
>> the
>> next machine. Nothing KDE. And see if this 'follow the desktop' thing
>> still
>> happens. The KDE stuff can be added later.

>> I suggest this test because I don't have anything KDE installed and, as I
>> said, I did not/did not see this. Just a thought. Might be a bug or an
>> interaction.

> This has happened on all three installs right 'out of the box' No KDE
> components installed. At least that I know of.

> One 'customization' is I deselected Office Apps at the install, knowing
> that they have been updated, so I would add them AFTER the install via
> yumex. Otherwise with perhaps some disk druid customizations (and then
> NOT on one install) this is FC10 out-of-the-box.

Well... ya' got me now. I don't doubt you but I wish that I could see this
happen. I did three Fedora 10 installs a long time ago. When it was first
released. One desktop, mine, and two laptops, son and girlfriend. None of us
had this situation. And we have, me actually, seen to it that the installs
are kept updated. Hmm... does this happen before or after you update the
install from the DVD to 'today'? That I have not done. Fresh install of an
out of date ISO and then updated to 'today'.

At least it is only annoying and not a disaster?  :-p

--

  David