Re: F-9 rescue disk?

Langdon Stevenson wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
Yes, I've been typing a lot of things on the keyboard but obviously not the right things.

The computer shows that /dev/sda and sdb are there but I can't mount them because it doesn't see my original /etc/fstab apparently? Well even then I don't know how to address those drives because of the LVM?

Bob, you might try this:

1. Boot from a Live Spin

2. Use the Logical Volume instructions here:

   to mount the root and boot partitions then to re-install grub

3. Reboot server and all is well

I posted this recently when I had an upgrade issue on an F8 machine. My problem was that rescue disk boot does not give you the tools to mount an LVM if "chroot" doesn't work. Booting a Live Spin gives you everything you need to mount up, fix the problem, then you can reboot.

Just follow the link and you will (should) find everything you need.

Langdon

Yes, that seems to get me what I need! Now if I can just figure out how to use it! I'll muddle through somehow. At least now I can see my files! Long shadows here, time to feed horses.

Thanks much.

Bob