Re: Maple on Fedora

dfeustel wrote:

> Has anyone experience using Maple on Fedora?
> Any comments?

I have been using Maple in Fedora for some years from the old v9.5 days and
before - install used to occasionally have issues, and Maple 11 in F9 needed
some tricks with editing some config files associated with java to get it to
work.

However Maple 12 installs rapidly and efficiently in Maple 12.  Many of the
problems associated with Maple 11 have been fixed in Maple 12, and this
version works faster and cleaner in F10 than any previous linux version.

I also know that the Mathematica app will install in Linux but I have been
too lazy to try it out especially since Maple 12 works so well in F10. By
the way I teach using Maple so I do need to have it working - and I can
recommend it.