Re: copying lvm with the same name

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:50:31 +0000
Bill Crawford wrote:

> You need to either temporarily pull sda2 out, and boot off a rescue disk to
> rename it, or vice versa. Or find out the UUID of the volume ... if you're
> lucky, "vgdisplay --verbose" *might* pick up the duplicate and show you the
> UUID for it.

That's what I was thinking.  Since I no longer need the data on that drive (got
what I wanted off of it copied the other day) would I be better off to
disconnect sda2 and then boot off of a rescue disk and use fdisk to remove the
partition table?  Would I even need a rescue disk to do that, since sdb2 will
boot this computer just fine (that's how I got it going to copy my data).
Perhaps I could just boot it from sdb2 and run fdisk and clear the parition
table that way.

The ultimate objective here is simply to add sdb2 to the available storage on
this computer.