Re: fedora LTS , why not?

2009/3/19 Adel ESSAFI <adelessafi@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi list

I was using fedora and redhat since 2000. To day, I can see that our favorite distro is really very strong. However, I have done some experience (short) with Ubuntu and I have liked to LTS concept (Long Term support).

My idea is to build a distribution that is based on Fedora at 100% with
1. LTS
2. with a very reduce number of packages
3. with proprietary codecs and essentiel software (mp3, flash ) included in.

I know that the variety of the open source projects are making it's power. However, I aim to build a distribution with only one software from each catégory. That is, I have to choose between:
*  KDE and GNOME for the destop
* rhythembox , kaffeine, ....... as media player
* abiword or openoffice as office writer

Technically, I will maintain a repository  with a reduced number of packages.

If I get positive feed back from this list, I can start working on this project in july

This distribution will be very useful for starter!!

Best regards
Adel

Anyone associated with Fedora Legacy Project care to tell Adel why the project died?