Re: tons of LXSessions

I find that all the helpful desktops are anxious to start up
6000 daemons on your behalf, but not so good about cleaning them
up. I finally wrote a little program I call "eradicator"
I can use to start of things like a gnome session. It creates
a magic environment variable which gets inherited by everything
it starts, then when I want to end a session and be sure I take
everything with it, I kill the immediate child of "eradicator",
and it looks through all the processes on the system for the
embedded environment variable and kills 'em all dead.

A ridiculously giant hammer, but it squashes that gnat really good :-).

(My original problem was leftover cruft from NX sessions that
never went away).