Re: User allowed commands -

Bob Goodwin wrote:

Can someone tell me how I can arrange to be able to run
system-control-network as user bobg.  It looks like I  should
be able to accomplish this via visudo but that is overwhelmingly complex.

My objective is to be able to close or open my eth0 internet connection
without
jumping though hoops. As it stands I have to use system-config-network,
enter password, and when the GUI comes up I can then click on
"de/activate."
Two ways to not quite accomplish accomplish roughly what you want:

1) Allow the user to control the network device - add "USERCTL=yes" in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 as documented here:
http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-rg-en-4/s1-networkscripts-interfaces.html

- but I don't think that will allow you to launch s-c-network as a non-root user - i think you'd still have to run "ifup eth0" and "ifdown eth0"

2) add the following to /etc/security/console.apps/system-config-network
UGROUPS=users (assuming bobg is in the users group)

That will then prompt for bobg's password rather than root - but as you object to typing in a password I'm not sure it's great for you.

--
Sam