Re: Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 10:21 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Tim is not using Exchange server (at least I assume he isn't,

Correct.

> given that his MUA is Tbird).

Huh?

I'm using Evolution 2.22.3.1 on Fedora 9.

I'm still using Dovecot dovecot-0.99.14-8.fc4 on Fedora Core 4 as my
IMAP server.  Which, I'll point out, doesn't run slowly with other mail
clients on the LAN.  I don't do any filtering on the server side.

I have tested out using Dovecot on CentOS 5, and noticed no difference.

Darned if I know where the slowdown really lay.  I'm beginning to
suspect that it mightn't be the filtering, so much, as when the message
is moved from here to there, that the write during the move operation
delays things.  Plus, each write having to complete before the next
filter is tested.

However, that doesn't explain why if I mouse select a bunch of messages
and drag and drop them to another folder, that they move an awful lot
faster.

I'll try a test, later, filtering to local storage, instead of going
through the IMAP server.  It shouldn't be the underlying networking,
everything else romps through at a nice speed.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.