Re: Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

Tim:
>> That's easy:  Fetch a scad of mail when you have filters set, versus
>> fetch a scad of mail when you don't have any filters set.
>>
>> Unmolested, they romp into the inbox very quickly.  When filtering
>> puts its fingers in, it's far worse than fetching mail over dial-up.

James Wilkinson:
> That sort of filtering speed (I’m guessing maybe a couple of seconds
> per message on emails generally smaller than, say, 128 KB) makes me
> suspect that it’s passing emails through SpamAssassin – it sounds like
> the right speed for SpamAssassin, and there’s an
> evolution-spamassassin package to enable it.

Nup, not doing that here.  I even disable the Evolution plugins that I'm
not using.

The filtering was just a few filters for mailing lists which look for a
matching "reply-to" header.  Each filter was just the match rule,
followed by a stop processing instruction.  With about two filters (e.g.
for two mailing lists), it's reasonable.  With about three, it's getting
annoying.  Try and filter from about eight different lists, and it's far
too slow to put up with.

I've seen a few other similar comments about the slowness of filtering
over the years.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686