To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 10:36 AM
Subject: MPEG-1 read support

Why doesn't Fedora have MPEG-1 support (playing)?

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-1#Patents they say: "MPEG-1 video and Layer I/II audio may be able to be implemented without payment of license fees.". And it looks that there are various GPL programs/codecs ready.

So what's the problem?

Thanks!

STF