Re: Work area in F10

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:53:10AM +0100, Antonio M wrote:
> 2009/3/16 Anne Wilson <annew@xxxxxxx>:
> > On Monday 16 March 2009 09:22:04 Antonio M wrote:
> >> I had 4 work area on the bar, now I have only one and I cannot choose
> >> more than one. Why??
> >>
> > I don't know what could have changed it for you, but (assuming you are running
> > KDE) to change it back try right-click on the 'work area on the bar' and you
> > should see 'Configure Desktops'.  That's where you can set the number.
> >
> > Anne
> > --
> > New to KDE4? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org
> > Just found a cool new feature?  Add it to UserBase
> >
> > --
> >

> Anne
>
> I am using Gnome and of course I have already done what you suggest: I
> write 4 in the preference window but I always get one!!!
> And I had four, I am sure.
> Some bug???

I've seen this on my F10 system too (eeepc 901). It comes and goes. If I
log off and back on most likely it will be right the next time. I'm using
Gnome, BTW.

There are other odd intermittent things that go wrong, too. One of them is
that sometimes the font size for the window title reverts to the gigantic
font that is the default size. Again, log off and back on will USUALLY fix it
When it is in that bad state, looking at the font size configuration shows the
size I've previously chosen, NOT the size it is actually displaying.

I didn't see anything in the RH bugzilla about it, but I may not have been
searching for the right terms.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                         While we were still sinners,