Re: Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 09:52 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> umm...I have thousands of e-mails going back way past 2002 including all
> of my 'Sent' e-mails going back until 1997. I have everything organized
> and my largest folder is Sent_2008 which has 3391 e-mails in it.

:rollseyes:  Good for you !  :claps:  Would you like a hero cookie with
that ?

> The thing is that using cyrus-imapd as I do, I don't have to worry about
> mbox limitations, my folders are indexed each night for fast searching
> and I can fire up any computer on my home LAN (i.e. my Windows system),
> still connect to the same mail so my e-mail is not held hostage to any
> one program on any one machine.

Good for you.  I need access to emails when I have no network
connectivity.  Ie on the road.  Which is why I download them all to
local folders on my laptop.

<snip of useless drivia designed to make the replier look smart>
> ----
> until it breaks - i.e., the point of this thread.

Yeah, once every 6 years when a folder gets 2GB of data in it, I have to
split the folder into a main folder and a sub folder. :rollseyes:
Evolution is obviously a really high maintenance, unreliable email
client.

>  Granted, none of that
> is necessary...but it's optimal. If I am out of the house, I can still
> retrieve my e-mail from a web server and if I am looking for a
> particular e-mail, I can direct a copy of it to my phone.

**IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A NETWORK !**  What access do you have when you
don't have a network ?  If I have a network, I can log into my gmail
account and I have full access.   And if my laptop quits, I still have
full access via gmail.  What happens when your server quits ?