Re: How to build a linux based cheap (handheld ) computer

> Deboo ^ wrote:
> > Can someone provide some links to build cheap / inexpensive computer
> > (even with limited memory and no storage) which can run linux off a
> > usb stick and can be used for basic operations.
>
> Isn't that basically what all these netbooks are?
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Another option is a rebuilt system from one of the major distributors.
I have purchased several from Microcenter (http://microcenter.com).
They usually run from $150 US to just under $1000 U.S.

And of course there is the possibility of finding some company that is
going under and seeing what they might have for sale.

There are also some distributors of older SUN computers that are
reasonably priced.

Just look around.  My son in law found one that had been sat outside for
trash which he recycled (it had a bad memory board).

Regards,
Les H