Re: f10 annoying bugs/enhancements: chooser

> Changing /etc/gdm/custom.conf doesn't work on F10, for sure. All it
> contained before I edited it was empty sections xdcmp, chooser, security,
> and debug. I added:

The GNOME developers crippled gdm and never put back most of the
features after restructuring it. Replace it with one of the other greeters
and the world will be a better place.

system-switch-displaymanager [foo]

will do the trick and the display manager and desktop used are not tied
you can keep the same desktop.

As it is gdm is basically useless if for example you have two people with
the same personal name.

In theory you can also write a new greeter (the bit that does the ask for
name/password etc) for gdm, but the current code is not exactly obvious.