Re: Kaffiene vs gene, score 1-0

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 14:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> 3rd subject, where is the default volume set for the startup and
> shutdown audio splash files, they are blowing out the windows on the
> neighbors houses.

You could (a) opt not to have startup and shutdown noises, (b) pick
quieter sound effects for those events.

Way back when I still used a Windows box, I first did the (b) option.
But the sheer number of reboots prompted me to do the (a) option.

These days it makes sense to pick the (a) option as it has the computer
doing less things during two moments you really don't want to slow the
computer down with yet more things to do.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.