Re: F10 not connected at start up -

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 18:20 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > Bob - you're making this like pulling teeth.
> >
> > Is NetworkManager turned on or off at boot?
> > chkconfig --list NetworkManager
> >
> > 'shows a number of references to NetworkManager. I'm not sure what they
> > mean or why they are there' ... Crystal ball cloudy, sorry, perhaps you
> > want to post them to the list so we have half a chance at diagnosing.
> >
> > Craig
> >

> It is turned on for 2 3 4 5 and off for the rest.  I hope that means
> it's on at boot. It is on this F-9 computer.
>
> This is what I see in /var/log/messages.  It's not this computer so I
> have to transfer stuff to keep the thread from breaking.  See attachment.
----
here's my take on it and others may and probably will differ...

chkconfig NetworkManager off
chkconfig network on

The reason is that NetworkManager is mostly prone to starting only when
user logs in and 'network' starts up early as daemon and doesn't require
a user login. There apparently is configuration options to change that
behavior.

I suspect that if you execute those 2 commands, your next startup will
have networking up and running at startup.

Craig