Re: Label Program reccomendations ??

Tim wrote, On 03/10/2009 12:50 PM:
It all became too much of a pain...  I could, about 80% of the time, get
labels to go through one of my old inkjets, before it died.  But, it
didn't always print in the same place (vertical-wise).  And, thanks to
programming idiots who play silly games with DPI, it was impossible to
print where I wanted.

i.e. On my much older computer and printer, if I said a box started 12
cm down, and 5 cm across, was 3 cm high and 5 cm wide, then it printed
exactly as I specified.

On the newer gear, where it threw away standards, and turned them into
arbitrary unspecified figures, I had to waste paper doing test prints
and making tiny unpredictable adjustments, to get things to print right.

I really hate pinheads who stuff things up until it *seems* to work for
them, without understanding what they're doing.  It stuffs things up for
everyone *else* in an unmanageable way.

Are you speaking of gimp/gutenprint?

IIRC after I had a few discussions with Robert about why my postscript circles were coming out as ellipses, he included an option in the new gutenprints so that you could turn off the 'shrink to fit'.

It might be better for you now, if you go toggle that option in CUPS.

--
Todd Denniston