Re: removing autorun from a flash drive

Bruno Wolff III wrote, On 03/10/2009 05:34 PM:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 14:38:54 -0500,
  Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well I may be misleading you. I had to do some removal of software when
I originally bought the device. It would not load on Fedora so I removed
some software under XP. Then it would appear in Fedora but still had
some U3 stiff remaining. That is what I removed on my Fedora machine.
Sorry I forgot what I had done originally.

Repartitioning the raw device would probably work. You would then create
a filesystem on the partition.

No, if you repartition the device, you wipe out the ability for the U3 removal tool to work, but the fake CD remains IIRC.

DON'T delete the partitions until after removing the tool!

"Can I remove U3 technology from my USB drive?"
http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1450#Q13
or "U3 Launchpad Removal Tool"
http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1415

--